Sunday, September 26, 2010

American Girl Knitted Hats and Scarves


I belong to "Knitting for Needs of Others" (KNO) group at our church. We meet twice a month for knitting and socializing. We make: Prayer Shawls, blankets for infants being baptized, and.hats and scarves for Norcross Cooperative Ministry. Some knit helmet liners for our troops. This year we are supporting the Crafty Ladies at our church. Annually, they have a holiday craft sale, bake sale, and book sale to support local charities. We are donating our works (other than Prayer Shawls and Blankets). We will then take whatever doesn't sell, to the Co-op.

I knitted all summer and have a huge tub of hats and scarves. I also knitted some of these hats and scarves for American Girl type dolls. How much do you think a fair price would be for these? I am not an efficient knitter so my hourly rate would be really low no matter the price. These are all cotton. Our goal is to sell them so any feed back would help.

Sister No. 1

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! I have no idea how much to charge, though. I really don't.

    I've done one knitting for charity project, it was my first ever sweater and I did it for Afghans for Afghans.

    I have a knitting party on my blogs on Fridays, called Fibers on Friday. I'd love if you'd join us :-)

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete