Monday, December 6, 2010

A couple of good finds

On our way to our Church's Christmas concert, No. 1 son and I stopped at Goodwill.  I rarely walk down the Christmas aisle as I have too much Christmas stuff already.  The other aisles were crowded, so down the Christmas aisle I went.  Saw this ziplock bag of crystals, very heavy and taped up so I couldn't open.  I figured for a couple of bucks they might look nice on the tree.  I found out this morning they are lead crystal prisms! Yippee and there were 72 in the bag.



The other thing was this ice bucket.  I have no idea if old or not but the label on the bottom does look old and no bar code.  I am preparing for the Prayer Pal brunch at our Church on Sat and I thought this would be nice.


Looking for ideas for the crystals after Christmas.  Any craft ideas out there???

3 comments:

  1. I once picked up a chandelier my neighbour had put on the curb with lots of lead prisms on it. The kids and I simply put some flower arrangling wire through the holes, added a few beads and hung them on our Christmas tree. Not sure about none-Xmassy applications though! :)

    You should know too that I'm extremely jealous of both finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm visiting via Thrift Share Monday. You must have a whole chandelier in the making there, lol. And that ice bucket is too cute. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds! I love those prisms :D

    ReplyDelete