Monday, October 25, 2010

Looking for Christmas presents on the cheap

Our family is changing our Christmas gift giving this year.  We usually have an all day orgy of present opening.  The kids are nearly grown and don't need much.  Mom, Sister 2 and I met with my son and her middle daughter and we decided on a $10 limit per person.  It will encourage creativity and limit over spending.

I decided for her daughters to give them a treasure chest full of cosmetics, beauty products, etc. by using coupons and samples.

I found this great site from hip2save.com, Rue La La.  I don't know if they are still doing it, but I got a $20 credit for signing up.  Yesterday, I bought a FOUR piece Laura Geller Lip Shiner set for EIGHTY FIVE CENTS!  What a frugal way to make the gifts for the girls, the retail on each one is $16,  $64 value for 85 cents.



$10.90
$0.00
$9.95
$20.00
Order Total:$0.85

It looks like Sunday night it the night to get bargains.  It is great that the $20 credit could be used for shipping.


Sister #1

No comments:

Post a Comment